Wednesday 15 January 2014

I took this version of the masterplan 1:500 of my Transformative scheme to the final crit on Monday. Have completely redesigned Dickens Square as at the interim crit I was told it didn't have enough landscape character. All those big scale crossing lines left me cold in the end and in the end I decided a strong axial design (thank you Le Notre) focusing on a cafe fronting plaza was would serve the area best. A community hub.Ran out of time for annotation, so had to hand write it in a flap in the morning, and with that little sleep, the spelling was pretty special! Only the base colours are applied at this stage, and with only the briefest of annotation I need to explain things like the river better. Also face the audience. I can never seem to manage that!


No comments:

Post a Comment